Please note that this post contains affiliate links and any sales made through such links will reward me a small commission – at no extra cost for you.
While on your debt freedom journey or pursuing Financial Independence, having a side hustle will speed up your progress and cut down half the time needed. Having multiple streams of income will get you closer to your set goal faster.
“There are many things money can buy, but the most valuable of all is freedom. Freedom to do what you want and to work for whom you respect.”J.L. Collins
There are tons of side hustle ideas out there for you to choose from. Below I’ve listed 15 side hustle ideas that you can start now. The best part of a side hustle is flexibility! You get to control your hours and schedule. And some you get to work in the comfort of your home.
- Start A Blog
Some people don’t realize that you do not need to have tech skills nor be a great writer to start a blog, hence me! It’s not an overnight miracle but, with time as you grow your blog, you’ll be able to monetize from it. How do you start?
- Select a niche for your blog.
- Pick a domain name.
- Get a web hosting account. I use and recommend GoDaddy
- You can use Godaddy as your blogging platform or WordPress a free option with your account.
- Select a theme and design your blog.
- Write content and promote your blog.
Keep in mind this a long term process, be patient. Use the following resources on how to monetize your blog.
- Bookshops.org recommend books to your readers and get a commission of each purchase and support a local independent bookstore.
- Mediavine is a full-service ad management company for content creators. Businesses can buy display ads, and bloggers can display these ads on their site to make money.
- Google Adsense is a program ran by Google through which website publishers in the Google Network of content sites serve text, images, video, or interactive media advertisements that are targeted to the site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google.
- Food & Grocery Deliveries
This is by far my favorite side hustle. You can walk, bike, scooter you get the point any transportation or just your 2 feet to get this job done! Another great perk is you get a workout in. Free workout? Come on.
- 4. Instacart – Help delivery groceries and shop for others.
- 5. Postmates – Grocery & Food delivery
- 6. UberEats – The OG of Food Delivery
- 7. DoorDash – Growing rapidly!
If you rather roll out of bed and not deal with traffic heading to work then these listings on working from home jobs are for you.
8. Focus Group Surveys– there are various companies that offer both online and in-person study groups. The pay range can be anywhere from $20 up to $1,000-Yes, I’ve seen this!
9. Work From Home Temp Jobs – it’s hard to believe this but, yes there is work from home jobs for everyone! I found 2 temp jobs during a pandemic and was provided with all the equipment necessary. I’ve linked a newsletter that landed me a job.
10. Virtual Assistant– a very popular position during COVID and overall. Great flexible schedule and you can learn new skills on the job. Many entrepreneurs created a VA job during COVID after a rise in sales from goods to services.
11. Freelance– we all have skills that can be monetized and this is a perfect opportunity to do what you look or are good at and get paid. Win-Win!
12. Flip Merchandise – Guilty! I have done this before COVID-19, I would attend free clothing swaps and sell them online-that easy! Also, visit your local thrift store, I’ve found designer merchandise and tripled the cost by flipping online. Just a few apps/websites eBay, Poshmark, Mercari, Letgo, and Craiglist.
13. Print on Demand T-shirts-
14. Tutoring – If you are reading this in 2020, COVID-19 increased the demand for tutors as students across the world dealt with online learning and not having in-person tutoring available. Overall, you can always count on finding a job may it be in-person or online.
15. ESL Teacher – You can work within your city, online or abroad(travel for free!). English is the #1 most spoken language in the world. I don’t see this position fading away. Another great perk for those who love to travel is the ability to teach & work abroad.
I hope you found my ideas helpful but, most of all find another stream of income or multiple to add to your networth! I’d love to hear your success story, feel free to send me an email or message on social media.